Company: Amcor plc
Posted on: January 15, 2022
One Great Future
In August of 2018 it was announced that Amcor Flexibles and Bemis
Company would combine to become the global leader in consumer
packaging. This combination allows for a comprehensive global
footprint with greater scale in all regions of the world. With a
combined company history of more than 300 years, we continue to
work collaboratively with our customers to make Amcor the clear
choice for inspired packaging solutions. We appreciate your
patience while we work to integrate our application and hiring
Responsible for operating assigned machines following all operating
standards and procedures while maintaining acceptable quality and
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
* Make up necessary packing configurations (boxes and pallets).
* Inspect product for defects and quality issues as outlined by
internal and external standards.
* Operate a hoist/use the strap in safe manner
* Record all measurements on production paperwork and test results
on tester paperwork.
* Troubleshoot and repair machines when possible to maximize run
* Report unplanned down time of machines to assist in trouble
* Report all unsafe operating conditions to supervisors and
* Understand and follow all JSA's, and Product Safety
* Make transactions in production computer systems as required.
* In performing all job duties, safe work practices must be
* Understand and comply with responsibilities within Plant Quality
* Follow all Product Safety guidelines and procedures.
* Knows and maintains respective role in Food Safety.
* Other duties as may be required by the Supervisor / Working Group
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
* Good attendance
* Willing to work overtime.
* Demonstrate ability to use basic math skills.
* Demonstrate ability to read a ruler.
* Must possess basic computer skills.
* Must possess the ability to operate basic hand tools.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to handle and
prioritize multiple tasks.
* Ability to read and write English
* Ability to stand and walk for an extended period of time.
* Must be able to lift a maximum of 55 lbs. and must adhere to PPE
and GMP requirements.
* Mechanical knowledge is a plus
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
We expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way and demonstrate
our Values every day to enabler the business to win. We are winning
* Our people are engaged and developing as part of a
high-performing Amcor team
* Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor's quality, service, and
* Our investors benefit from Amcor's consistent growth and superior
* The environment is better off because of Amcor's leadership and
Amcor Flexibles North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please click on the links "EEO is the and
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical
condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for
any part of the employment process, please call 224-313-7000 and
let us know the nature of your request and your contact
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals
hired for employment in the United States.
Keywords: Amcor plc, Des Moines , Machine Operator, Other , Centerville, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!