Company: Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Elemental Supervisor - 2nd Shift - 4PM - 12 AM M - F
- Assist in supervision of general department operations,
interface with other department heads; provide guidance on
procedures and/or problems, analysis methods, techniques,
equipment, and schedules.
- Adhere to appropriate quality measures, which meet or exceed
the standards set by ISO/IEC 17025, government regulatory, and
company requirements; understand and follow Quality System
documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., Quality Manual, SOPs,
and Analysis Methods.
- Adhere to, and ensure that staff adheres to, pertinent health,
safety, and environmental regulations relative to department;
maintain and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work
- Assist in instruction, monitoring, troubleshooting and
assisting in the performance of manual and instrumental analysis.
Operate equipment and perform minor instrument repairs. Assist with
the establishment and implementation of procedures to ensure that
assigned equipment is properly cleaned, calibrate/standardized,
adequate for the testing performed and is maintained in good
working order. This includes maintaining equipment operating
instructions, manuals, and required logbooks.
- Assist in modification, development, writing and editing of
analysis methods relative to assigned department, assist in the
maintenance of fully approved, scientifically sound protocols and
written standard methodologies to be used in area of
- Review and evaluate test data generated within assigned area of
responsibility for technical accuracy as well as assisting with SOP
and cGMP compliance. Assist in the performance and provide basic
evaluation of statistical tests to determine the quality accuracy
of data and report values.
- Perform analysis and record test data and results for samples
in logbook, record book or BookMaster and enter the data or results
into eLIMS either manually or through automatic export, in a timely
and accurate manner.
- Assist in writing and review protocols and reports.
- Communicate and discuss methods, results and questions with
client service personnel; Assist to ensure that clients receive
good service, accurate results, and fast turnaround time consistent
with superior analytical testing.
- Assist in evaluating services offered by area of
responsibility; assist in the recommendation, development and
implementation of new services, more accurate, efficient and
appropriate test procedures, more accurate, efficient, or cost
effective equipment and more efficient layout of facilities.
- Help monitor turnaround times to support accurate quotations to
clients and to keep Laboratory Manager informed of deviations from
expected normal to include situations where client expectations
were not met.
- Assist to communicate clearly and concisely to clients,
management, and staff both orally and in writing. Delegate
responsibilities to employees in a manner that ensures they
understand their tasks and roles.
- Assist to ensure that area of responsibility maintains good
standing in appropriate proficiency testing (check sample) programs
such as AACC, AOCS, AAFCO, etc. Assist in quick response to
questions concerning data quality.
- Assist in the maintenance of necessary document control
including worksheets, logs, and listing of currently used methods
with accepted modifications clearly specified, and records of
method validation studies.
- Assist in the administering and direct the training of all
assigned technical staff on methods, SOPs, regulatory requirements,
and local laboratory policies/procedures applicable to area of
- Assist in the evaluation and approval or rejection of
prospective and in-progress non-conformances (as exceptions) to
standards (policies, procedures, specifications, etc.); assist in
the investigation to determine the cause of retrospective
non-conformances, assist in the determination and implementation of
corrective action; and assist with the follow-up to ensure that the
corrective action resolved the problem.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical
- Excellent communication skills.
- Responsive, independent problem solver and action-oriented
- Bachelor's degree with major in an appropriate science field.
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry preferred.
- Prefer experience or coursework in laboratory procedures, data
analysis, computer operations, mathematics, and technical/business
- Experience working in cGMP environment.
- 1-3 years of applicable and progressively expanded laboratory
experience to include the design and review of projects, and the
development and review of new testing protocols.
- Basic understanding of cGMP, GLP, and ISO 17025 guidelines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Keywords: Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, Des Moines , Supervisor, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!