Patient Account Rep III
Company: Common Spirit
Posted on: January 16, 2022
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health
Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites
across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and
virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out
of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never
before. Our communities need caring and our families need
protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed
to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor
and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both
inside our hospitals and out in the community.
* Ability to utilize high level thinking and problem solving to
bring complex accounts to resolution.
* Maintain an expert working knowledge of rules and regulations for
* Provide new and recurring training to Billing staff.
* Assist staff with questions.
* Work includes cross coverage in other areas of department as
* Participates in performance improvement projects and activities
* Work includes all other miscellaneous office duties/projects as
* Work hours may vary throughout the month/year as required based
on scope of the position.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Two years experience in a physician billing office or central
billing office is required
* Working knowledge of CPT, ICD.9, HCFA 1500, and explanation of
* Successful completion of a medical terminology class
* Demonstrates written, verbal, and nonverbal communication that is
consistent with the Mercy Mission, Values and I Will Statements to
all patients, families, visitors, medical staff, colleagues,
vendors and other internal and external customers.
* Must be a self- started and demonstrate the ability to work
independently by making appropriate decisions according to the
organizational and departmental guidelines that fall within the
scope of the position.
* Demonstrates the ability to understand and effectively utilize a
highly complex billing system(s).
* Maintains current knowledge of all Federal, State and compliance
regulations related to billing and insurance as required based on
the scope of the position.
* Demonstrates an understanding of HCFA 1500 claim forms, CPT,
ICD.9 and HCPCS codes specific to insurance carrier requirements as
required based on scope of the position.
Keywords: Common Spirit, Des Moines , Patient Account Rep III, Other , Grimes, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!