Branch Operations Supervisor III
Company: Availa Bank
Location: Fort Dodge
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Position Title: Branch Operations Supervisor IIIDepartment:
RetailReports To: Retail Banking OfficerLocation: Fort Dodge,
IowaSupervises: Universal BankersPosition Status: Non-ExemptEEO/AA
employer** This position is not remote and will work in our Fort
Dodge, Iowa location.**Applicants must be authorized to work for
ANY employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take
over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.BRANCH OPERATIONS
SUPERVISOR III POSITION SUMMARYThis Branch Operations Supervisor
III is responsible for understanding the daily routines of the
Retail Department, while overseeing and performing Universal Banker
BRANCH OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR III PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND
ACCOUNTABILITIES 1. Complete scheduling for all Universal Bankers2.
Supervise and provide work direction to all Universal Bankers3.
Perform cash drawer audits, conduct performance appraisals, and
facilitate new employee training and/or mentoring4. Participate and
lead all employees in Frontline Focus/sales goals5. Perform
Universal Banker I, II and III duties, to include consumer
lending6. Serve as a point of contact/have working knowledge of
troubleshooting and servicing coin machines, money handling
machines, ATMs and mechanics of the drive-up equipment (as
applicable in each location)7. Maintain an open level of
communication with the branch Retail Officer8. Assist with more
complex customer issues9. Assist Retail leaders with specific
duties as needed BRANCH OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR III ROLE
- High school diploma or equivalent requiredExperience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; one to three years
in Accounting or banking experience preferredOther Skills and
- Strong math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out
instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand
procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to
customers and employees
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets
and variables in non-standardized situations
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability
to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a complete understanding of regulatory and compliance
policies and procedures
- Demonstrate a lead by example mentality
- Be able to work flexible hours and shifts
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable
transportationSupervisory ResponsibilitiesThis position is
responsible for supervising staff in accordance with the bank's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and taking corrective action with employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.CompetenciesTo perform
the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the
- Accountability - will follow through on what he/she says they
will do; holds others accountable in the workplace
- Analytical - collects and researches data; uses intuition and
experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures as
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; ability to
deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables
in non-standardized situations.
- Project Management - coordinates projects; communicates changes
and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills- assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
pursues training and development opportunities; strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification;
responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills;
participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities;
exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and
welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team
- Delegation - delegates work assignments; matches the
responsibility to the person; gives authority to work
independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated
- Leadership - exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires
and motivates others to perform well.
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits
work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs;
presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret
- Ethics - inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and
ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment;
changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality -is consistently at work and on time;
ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management
direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments;
completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Judgment - exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and
explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities;
uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts
well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; follows through on
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve
performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative - is a self-starter; seeks out new tasks and expands
abilities; works for the better needs of the business, not just
his/her own position.
- Growth and Customer Focus - Provides excellent customer service
to everyone; supports business and revenue growth; focuses on
opportunities to suggest new services to customers.WORKING
CONDITIONSWork is performed largely within the Bank with limited
chance for personal injury.The following physical and mental
requirements must be met to perform the essential functions of this
- Frequently communicate with employees and other parties by
phone, email and/or in person; can exchange accurate information in
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment such
as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Frequently move inside the office to access files or office
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of office
supplies and equipment.
- Some bending, turning, and twisting required.
- Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple
priorities within established deadlines.
- Work hours are generally during normal business hours.
- Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the
needs of customers and employees.
- Frequently drive to/from and work in multiple
branches/locations.** This position is not remote and will work in
our Fort Dodge, Iowa location.**GENERAL NOTICEThis position
description describes the general nature and level of work
performed by the employee assigned to this position and should not
be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that
these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the
position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related
duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible
modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a
disability.This position description does not constitute an
employment agreement between the Bank and employee and is subject
to change by the employer as the needs of the Bank and requirements
of the position change. PM21PI186644285
Keywords: Availa Bank, Des Moines , Branch Operations Supervisor III, Other , Fort Dodge, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!