Human Resources Coordinator
Company: Aspen Waste Systems, Inc
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Independently owned, locally managed*
Aspen Waste Systems, Inc. is an independent, privately-owned,
growing company providing waste and recycling collection services
for commercial and residential customers in the Minneapolis/St
Paul, St Louis and Des Moines metropolitan areas.
Aspen Waste Systems, Inc. is currently seeking a *Human Resources
Coordinator *to join the Human Resources team in Des Moines. The
Human Resources Coordinator will provide support to Aspen's
multi-state hauling operations.
The Human Resources Coordinator may carry out responsibilities in
some or all of the following areas: benefits, recruitment and
on-boarding, compliance, and payroll. This position will assist
with the implementation and communication of company policies and
* Work with management and department supervisors to effectively
recruit and staff for a growing workforce; including: generating
applicant pools by identifying and establishing recruitment
sources, conducting first round interviews and recommending and
scheduling applicant interviews.
* Assist with new employee onboarding and orientation. Ensure all
required new hire paperwork is completed timely and accurately.
* Create and maintain employee-related databases and files.
* Verifies payroll changes and communicates changes. Partner with
accounting in the performance of the payroll process. Provide
payroll processing backup support.
* Provide day-to-day benefit administration services.
* Assist in the preparation of EEO-1, Affirmative Action, and other
* Assist with other projects and duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* A bachelors or associates degree or equivalent, applicable work
* At least two years of human resources experience.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* General knowledge of employment laws and HR practices.
* Excellent computer skills in Microsoft windows environment.
* Demonstrated skill in database management and recordkeeping.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with
Managers and coworkers.
* Strong organizational skills and resourcefulness.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail and ability to function effectively in
an environment with deadlines and shifting priorities.
* Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
* Competitive Wages
* Great work environment with dedicated team members
* Opportunity to join a locally managed, family-owned company
* Paid Time off
* Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account
* 401(K) retirement savings with a company match
Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Aspen Waste Systems, Inc is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Aspen Waste Systems, Inc, Des Moines , Human Resources Coordinator, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!