Faculty Physician Assistant
Company: Des Moines University
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Des Moines University is proud to be a place where people come
together to create opportunities. -This Faculty position in the
Physician Assistant program will impact the future of medicine and
healthcare delivery by cultivating a culture of innovation and
excellence through working collaboratively with the Program
Director, program faculty and staff, and other university
departments to create and maintain an exceptional educational
program for physician assistant students. For over 120 years, we
have shared a singular mission to develop distinctive health
professionals committed to health promotion, knowledge discovery,
and service to the community. This is an exceptional time to join
our team as we move to our new state-of-the-art campus in West Des
Moines in fall 2023.
All faculty positions include teaching, scholarly activity, and
service responsibilities, and may or may not
Education and/or Experience:
- Physician Assistant candidates must be a graduate from an
accredited physician assistant program and currently
- Physician Assistant candidates must possess or be willing to
attain a Master's degree within an agreed-upon time
- Non-Physician Assistant candidates require a minimum of a
Master's degree in a health-related field.
- Candidates should have at least five years of clinical
experience, if applicable.
- Previous academic experience is preferred. -
- If applicable, candidates must possess or be eligible for Iowa
licensure in their respective field and maintain an active license
while on faculty at Des Moines University.
- -Read, interpret, analyze and apply scientific and technical
- Write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style
- Effectively present information to students, peers,
administrators, and the community.
- Constructively respond to inquiries and/or complaints from
students, regulatory agencies, and/or members of the professional
- Demonstrate effective written, verbal, and non-verbal
- Demonstrate interpersonal, organizational, and time management
- Exhibit commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
Our employees are what make DMU special, so we treat them well! -
Our Total Rewards reflect this commitment. Qualified faculty and
staff enjoy outstanding health/medical benefits, a generous
retirement match, flexible work arrangements, tuition assistance,
professional development funding, and access to wellness facilities
with programs that promote a well-balanced lifestyle. - Visit
dmu.edu/employment to learn more about our benefits. - -
Founded in 1898, Des Moines University is a premier medical and
health sciences institution comprising three colleges- College of
Osteopathic Medicine, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery,
and College of Health Sciences - offering nine graduate degree
programs. Join us as we impact the future of medicine and
healthcare in our new state-of-the-art campus opening in West Des
Moines in 2023.
CV, cover letter, and contact information for three professional
references required at time of online submission. Apply at
Department: Physician Assistant - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Work Schedule: -8-5:00 Monday thru Friday
Des Moines University is an equal opportunity employer. - We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, age, disability, sex,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran
status, genetic information and other characteristics protected by
law ("protected class"). Applications from candidates from
underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Des Moines University, Des Moines , Faculty Physician Assistant, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!