Direct Support Professional
Posted on: January 25, 2023
REM Iowa, -a member of the Sevita family, -provides services for
adults and children with intellectual and developmental
disabilities and other complex challenges.
This position is based in Atlantic, Iowa
-REM Iowa, now a part of the -Sevita -family is hiring
-Caregivers/DSPs -at our -Atlantic, IA -location!
-REM Iowa is currently offering a $1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS!! **LIMITED
(Qualifications need to be met, paid out in increments, and minus
applicable payroll taxes)
-THRIVE AS A CAREGIVER AT SEVITA. EACH DAY, YOU'LL -
- Be proud of rewarding work helping people grow, learn, and live
- Develop real, meaningful relationships with the individuals you
- Experience ownership and trust from your leaders to do what's
right for participants
- Take the initiative to help participants be part of the
community and enjoy their favorite activities
- Support participants with developmental goals like budgeting,
exercise, and nutritionYou'll assist people with their personal
hygiene and support individuals who can have behavioral challenges
and other complex needs. If you're compassionate, and patient, and
find meaning in this type of work, you'll find a promising future
at Sevita. -
-EVERY PERSON DESERVES A FULFILLING CAREER -
- Competitive Pay: -Hourly rate $14.00 and full benefits package
for employees working 30+ hours/week, including a 401(k) with a 3%
- Time Off: -Paid time off plus holiday pay to recharge so you
can be your best at work
- -Network of Support: -Supervisors who care deeply about the
participants and your wellbeing
- Job Security: -A stable job - at an established, growing
- Learning and Development: -We invest in your development and
provide the tools and training you need to have a fulfilling career
-WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO SEVITA
- Requirements: -Must be 18 years old or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Six months of experience in human services, direct care, or
care coordination is preferred.
- The position requires a personal vehicle, valid driver's
license, insurance, and registration in order to possibly transport
individuals as needed.
- Skills: -Communication, adaptability, multi-tasking, teamwork,
- Behaviors: -Patient, compassionate, reliable, responsible
- Vehicle: - -Valid Driver's license and access to a registered
vehicle with proof of insurance
If you are looking for a career caring for and helping others
within your community, you will have a successful career with -REM
Iowa! -If you or anyone else you know may be interested in a
-direct support role, -please visit our website below:
www.sevitacareers.com and search by location
Careers, Well Lived! -
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based
specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live
a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality
services and individualized supports that lead to growth and
independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or
behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for
more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to
innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal -Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Keywords: Sevita, Des Moines , Direct Support Professional, Other , Wiota, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!