Company: Sterling Engineering, Inc.
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Title: Mechanical Designer -
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals
like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in
the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides
exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S. -
Hire Type: - Direct hire
Job Summary: -
The SolidWorks Designer is responsible for creating complex models,
layouts, drawings and sketches using SolidWorks and AutoCAD. This
position will be based out of our - - Roseville, Illinois
- Create models, layouts, drawings, and sketches using SolidWorks
- Verify parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies can be built from
the model using the equipment present.
- Work with project managers to estimate design and drafting
times and design concepts.
- Input data into an ERP system
- Some communication with the customer is required.
- May require travel to customer' s facilities for measurements
- Two (2) years of experience with SolidWorks 3D Modeling and
AutoCAD 2D Software is required. Other qualifications include:
- Must be able to read and decipher blueprints, schematics, weld
symbols, GD&T, and surface finishes.
- Must display excellent mechanical and analytical skills.
- Highly organized
- Experience in developing complete and accurate bills of
- Must possess clear and concise communication skills.
- Proficient use of software programs, MS Office (Excel, Word,
Outlook), ERP/MRP system, planning/scheduling tools
- Knowledge of sheet metal and forming is a plus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information -
Keywords: Sterling Engineering, Inc., Des Moines , Designer, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!