Senior Project Superintendent - Mission Critical
Company: The Weitz Company / Contrack Watts, Inc.
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Our company views employees as our most valuable asset and the
key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and
inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously
improves. Community involvement employee empowerment, and strong
relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
We are currently accepting applications for a Sr. Project
Superintendent to be located on data center projects in Des Moines,
IA for the Mission Critical Business Unit.
The Senior Project Superintendent is responsible for the profitable
field operations on complex, large projects after demonstrating
ability to successfully completing smaller projects. The Senior
Project Superintendent is also responsible to establish the safety
culture on the jobsite and work closely with the Project Manger to
manage schedule, budge and staff to achieve profitable outcomes.
This individual should also create and maintain effective client,
vendor, supplier, and subcontractor relationships. This position
typically reports to the most senior Project Manager on the
What You'll Do:
- Construct the project in accordance with plans, schedule,
specifications and standards
- Lead subcontractors and field employees on a jobsite
- Lead project safety in accordance with the Company's Safety
- Work alongside the Project Manager(s) to manage the project
schedule, budget and staff
- Develop and maintain the project schedule utilizing scheduling
software; prepare two-week look ahead schedules
- Assist with the buyout and selection of major
- Recommend ways to reduce cost, improve schedule dates, decrease
project scope and improve the quality of the project
- Ensure project documents are accurate, timely and in compliance
(i.e. closeout documents, submittals, daily logs, etc.)
- Review and enforce all contract terms and obligations
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
What We're Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: A High School Diploma is required; Industry related
college degree is preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of eight (8) years' of extensive field
and project construction management experience is necessary for
this position. Experience in a fast-paced environment; proven
history of leading others successfully and to teach, develop and
- Skills: Ability to read and interpret construction documents,
knowledge of construction methods and materials, and the ability to
communicate, negotiate and problem solve are all required skills.
Candidate must also have time management and project organizational
skills to be successful in this role.
- Technology: Candidate should have experience with Microsoft
Office Suite, Apple products (iPhone & iPad) and have the ability
to learn specific software. Solid systems experience with Procore,
JDE, and Asta is preferred. Training will be provided on company
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Critical Illness Insurance and
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with
disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other
protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws).
The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background
checks are required if applicable. Click here to review our Privacy
Keywords: The Weitz Company / Contrack Watts, Inc., Des Moines , Senior Project Superintendent - Mission Critical, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!