Laser/Plasma Operators (All shifts)
Company: Economy Forms Corp
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 27, 2023
* Offering up to a $1,000 Hiring Bonus*
At EFCO, we help those responsible for the construction of the
world's concrete structures with a safe, reliable, and
cost-efficient concrete formwork solution. We do this by
engineering, designing, manufacturing, supplying and field
servicing forming and shoring products for concrete
The core values of EFCO (Quality, Innovation, Integrity, and Super
Service) are at the very heart of who we are and what we believe.
These four core values describe how we rise to a challenge, create
a vision, and provide solutions to our customers and business
partners. We pride ourselves in dedication, hard work and a job
well done through superior service, strong relationships, and
building lasting impressions.
We are looking for a qualified candidate to join our team as a
Laser/Plasma Operator at our Des Moines, IA facility for all
shifts. Starting pay is $22.76/hour and may be higher depending on
experience. First shift is 7:30 am to 3:30 pm. Second shift is 3:30
pm to 11:30 pm. Third shift is 11:30 pm to 7:30 am, Sunday night -
Thursday morning. 2nd shift has a shift premium of 4% an hour above
the regular hourly rate. 3rd shift has a shift premium of 6% an
hour above the regular hourly rate.
Responsibilities & Duties:
1.) Request correct computer program by item number.
* Identify and load with correct steel on cutting bed of
* Thorough use of controller:
* request correct computer program
* set up torch for thickness of material
* align torch at zero point
* start torch to preheat steel
* run program
* Align torch at zero point.
* Remove, identify, and clean parts.
* Unload excess material for reuse of scrap.
* Program machine as required.
* Other tasks as assigned by supervision.
* Record labor accurately on work order and timecard.
* Perform quality audit process.
* Perform routine maintenance.
* Clean work area on a daily basis.
* Operate material handling equipment.
Machines, Tools, and equipment used:
Successful applicant will also use the following tools and
equipment to complete their assigned tasks: Burny III Computer,
Grinder, Cutting torch, welder, tape measure - 1mm metric and 1/64
Imperial, material handling equipment.
Education & Skills & Other Requirements:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Ability to read blueprints.
* Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job.
Final candidates will be required to pass a post-offer
pre-employment physical and drug screen.
We participate in E-Verify.
Keywords: Economy Forms Corp, Des Moines , Laser/Plasma Operators (All shifts), Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!