Childrens Ministry Coordinator
Company: Hope Ministries
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Children's Ministry Coordinator Part Time Review Statements of
Faith, Core Values, Statement of Purpose, and Qualifications for
Employment. Are you in agreement with them? JOB SUMMARY This
position will provide opportunities for the children of Hope Center
for Women and Children to learn through Biblically sound
activities, as well as spiritual and life skills learning. This
often involves the children's mothers with the goal to provide
nurturing, trusting, and caring relationships to children using
grace-based principles. Positive interaction with Hope Center
mothers, children, staff, and volunteers is a necessary component
to this position. Duties require a broad understanding of early
childhood principles and behavioral problems. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the spiritual growth and Christian instruction
of those who Hope Ministries serves. This can include (but is not
restricted to) personal mentoring, the sharing of Scripture and
Biblical encouragement, and praying with program participants. This
may be in a structured setting (i.e., a classroom or chapel), or
unstructured, with individual clients as the need arises.
- Partner with Hope Center's case management staff, children's
therapists, and other children's services in establishing
individualized behavior plans for children. Work with mothers,
children, and staff to implement behavior plans.
- Participate in building activities around play and Bible
stories, thereby providing teaching opportunities.
- Provide an atmosphere of emotional and physical safety through
implementation of behavior guidelines for children and volunteers,
while responding to symptoms of emotional distress in
- Ensure that children receive proper supervision during
organized children's activities.
- Come alongside volunteers to equip them in working with our
children to build skills and address behavioral issues.
- Handle classroom situations with fairness and patience.
- Communicate effectively with the children, their mothers, and
- Maintain ministry policies and procedures, documentation,
objectives, and participate in assigned quality assurance and
performance improvement activities, working within
discipline-specific performance standard/code of ethics.
- Enhance professional development and spiritual maturity through
participation in educational programs, Bible study, in service
trainings, workshops, etc.
- Attend WCM staff meetings and educational training as approved
/ assigned by the Director and as schedule / opportunity allows,
including staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
- Agree with Hope Ministries' Statement of Faith and Purpose, and
- Must have a lifestyle that demonstrates moral and ethical
adherence to the teachings of the Bible and an expressed desire to
minister to those who are poor, needy, and homeless.
- Able to lead others toward spiritual maturity and model
- Patience and understanding spirit with the ability to teach
practical truths from Scripture on the appropriate childhood
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, run, sit, and lift a small child
weighing 50 pounds or less.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, volunteers, and the
women and children we serve.
- Working knowledge of early childhood resources.
- Minimum of high school diploma required.
- Minimum of two years of experience desired in the provision of
- Current State certification as a childcare provider preferred
but not required.
- Ability to consistently meet Center work schedule as
- Possesses valid driver's license. Reports to: Director of Women
and Children's Ministries Employment Status: Part-time
hourly/non-exempt (8 hours per week) Work Schedule: Predominantly
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons / evenings (4:30-8:30pm);
occasional Saturdays for special outings; schedule flexibility
necessary; attendance at Monday morning staff meetings desired but
not required. Review Statements of Faith, Core Values, Statement of
Purpose, and Qualifications for Employment. Are you in agreement
with them? To apply, you must send both resume and cover letter by
mail or email to: Hope Ministries ATTN: Cole Lindholm (Director of
HR) 5075 E. University Ave. Suite B, Pleasant Hill, IA 50327
Keywords: Hope Ministries, Des Moines , Childrens Ministry Coordinator, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...