Evenings Treatment Specialist - Women's Residential Unit
Company: Community and Family Resources
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Community and Family -Resources is seeking a part-time evenings
Treatment Specialist to assist the clinical counseling staff and
medical staff with providing addiction rehabilitation services to
adult clients in our Women's Residential Unit in Des Moines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists clients in completion of necessary assessment
forms/documents as needed.
- Orients clients to program services.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of clients' whereabouts and
- Offers clients feedback and support.
- Reports client issues to staff.
- Assists with light housekeeping duties, including shredding,
trash, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, and other areas as
- Answers the phone and forwards calls as needed.
- Assist with transportation of clients to scheduled
appointments, planned activities, or as directed by the
- Assists with searching client belongings.
- Assists with rounds of the facility.
- Assists with follow up surveys and entering data.Schedule:
- Type: Part Time
- Hours: Sun-Mon, Fri 3-11pmEducation and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medication Management Certification or ability to obtain
certification within 90 days of employment is required.
- A valid driver's license and proof of automobile insurance is
required.Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of substance
abuse treatment through personal experience or pertinent
- Knowledge of 42CFR and how it applies to Community & Family
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, regularly, and fluently in
English; bilingual (English/Spanish) abilities are preferred but
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or agency
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- May move between agency buildings, from office to office, to
enable conferring with other staff members.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
- The ability to move within and between agency buildings,
standing, sitting, lifting and manipulating objects typically found
in the work environment.
- May be required to work at any agency building as
needed/directed and be responsible for own transportation.
- May experience traumatic situations including hostile clients
and/or clients' family members/responsible parties.
- May be required to work extended periods of time at a video
display terminal (VDT).
- May be required to meet with clients and/or other staff
throughout the agency's facilities.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with
demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing
tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as
appropriate.Application Process:Candidates interested in applying
should submit an application and resume. Candidates will be
required to complete a background check, drug screen, and TB test
prior to starting employment. Candidates must be vaccinated against
COVID-19 or have an approved religious or medical exemption. CFR is
a nicotine free employer.Equal Opportunity Employer: -Community and
Family Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employers and prohibits
unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion,
marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender
identity, sexual orientation, military status, or any other
consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - The requirements
listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required. - Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable person(s) with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Community and Family Resources, Des Moines , Evenings Treatment Specialist - Women's Residential Unit, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...