Information Security Team Lead
Company: Holmes Murphy & Associates
Posted on: May 26, 2023
We are looking to add an Information Security Team Lead to join
our Information Security team in Waukee, IA. Candidates thrive in
our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset,
strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of
The purpose of the Information Security Team Lead is to ensure the
safety and privacy of sensitive enterprise information from misuse,
unauthorized access, disruption, or destruction.
- Accountable for the effective and efficient management of the
Security Operations of Holmes Murphy and Associates.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Security Operations team
and oversee, monitor, and guide the performance and duties.
- Direct the functions, processes, and operations of the Security
team and ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide optimal identification / resolution of security
incidents and enhance security posture.
- Interface with Managed Security Service Provider to guide
escalations, adjust processes and knowledge share.
- Participate in security compliance efforts (e.g., PCIDSS,
- Develop and deliver training materials and perform general
security awareness and specific security technology training.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and
- Provide additional support to the team as needed. Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of security concepts of threat
categories (such as malware, phishing attacks, Defense-in Depth,
MITRE ATT&CK framework, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability
to serve as an escalation point and knowledgeable resource.
- Decision making abilities to produce quality results.
- Ability to motivate team by setting a mission then turning it
into clear, specific, and measurable incremental goals.
- Ability to understand security threats, vulnerabilities,
controls, and remediation strategies.
- Ability to apply various security methodologies and technical
security solutions. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in computer security-
related disciplines such as incident response, host forensics,
malware analysis, network traffic analysis, Insider Threat, alerts
tuning and trend analysis.
- 5+ years' experience working with security tools such as SIEM,
XDR. Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and
vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits - We
know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our
employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement - We
support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing - Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum
contribution to every full-time employee's 401k. This means, even
if you're not in a position to set money aside for the future at
any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are
forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays - Yes,
we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do.
After all, you can't be at your best for our clients if you're not
at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off
and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you
- Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles
where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs - Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating
every employee's unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I)
experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid
Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity
Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and
interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those
if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities -
Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion
opportunities because we believe growth is important - not only
with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity - Yes, there is an annual
opportunity to make more money. Who doesn't love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Holmes Murphy & Associates, Des Moines , Information Security Team Lead, Other , Waukee, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...