AWS Applications Architect (Hybrid)
Company: DP Professionals
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: May 26, 2023
DPP is seeking an AWS Applications Architect for hybrid
opportunity in Des Moines, Iowa.
- The Applications Architect (AA) is the functional expert for an
application, a defined set of applications or a portfolio of
- The AWS Applications Architect will work with the client's
Unemployment Insurance (UI) Tax Modernization Project.
- This position has the potential to be hired full time after one
year, so the candidate must be a U.S Citizen or Permanent resident
(Green card holder).
- W2 position; hybrid work schedule. -
- AWS, and certification(s)
- Cloud-native development
- Java, Spring frameworks, SQL, Oracle, SOAP, and REST web
- Okta integration -
- This individual will be part of a talented software team that
works on mission-critical applications using Agile
- The project aims to modernize IWD's UI Tax system by
re-architecting its components to industry leading architecture and
frameworks, with the goal of providing better service to both the
agency staff and the end-users while positioning the agency for
future technological improvements.
- This individual will provide technical leadership in
architecting, implementing, and operationalizing AWS cloud hosting
- The focus will be on security, full-stack automation,
monitoring, and developer experience.
- You will be developer advocate for Cloud capabilities to
influence and work across diverse teams to design and implement
easy to use hybrid cloud environments.
- You will partner with Development, and Infrastructure teams
with the goal of architecting the applications and how they
leverage infrastructure services in cloud environments. -
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong understanding of AWS well architected frameworks in
cloud production environments and apply those principles while
designing a solution.
- Good understanding of AWS network and security engineering
- Specialized experience in cloud architecture planning,
estimating, application migration and cloud governance
- Proven skills in Cloud-native development
- Must possess multiple certifications in AWS with a strong
preference toward AWS Professional certifications
- Use configuration management, orchestration, and management
tooling to ensure cloud environments meet operational and security
- Experience in Java, Spring frameworks, SQL, Oracle, SOAP, and
REST web services
- Experience in microservices and SOA development
- Experience in establishing coding practices, code review
standards and security protocols
- Experience in Okta integration through SAML and/or JWT
- Good communication skills with the ability to work with fluid
requirements and shape them in collaboration with other team
- Able to lead and work collaboratively in a team
- Strong Networking experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile practices and governance -
Interested? Learn more:
Click the apply button or contact our recruiter William at
email@example.com to learn more about this position
DPP offers a range of compensation and benefits packages to our
employees and their eligible dependents. Call today to learn more
about working with DPP.
Authorized US Worker - US Citizens and Permanent residents are
encouraged to apply. W2 position. We are unable to sponsor at this
Keywords: DP Professionals, Des Moines , AWS Applications Architect (Hybrid), Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...