Host Home Provider - Iowa
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Are you looking for a meaningful opportunity in your own home?
Become a Host Home / Shared Living provider with Mosaic at Home !
Income opportunity ranges from $1,200 to $12,000/mo. Must reside in
the state of Iowa (due to state funding) and own or rent your home.
Limited availability in Des Moines area. For more than 30 years,
Mosaic has provided improved quality of life, greater stability and
increased community access for people with disabilities with
at-home services. As an Independent Contractor, your primary
responsibility is to maintain a safe and healthy home environment
for the individual supported. Caring for individuals is more than
just helping people with their daily activities. It is assisting in
cultivating life skills and fostering independence. You will be
sharing your home with an individual, not just having someone live
in a room in your home. Sharing your home means participating in
activities, sharing chores and matching interests and lifestyles.
An independent Contractor (IC) will welcome an individual with a
disability to reside in their home. IC's support the individual by
providing a safe and nurturing home environment to foster personal
growth and independence. Duties vary for each individual from
minimal support (i.e., budgeting, medication, transportation,
activities of daily living or ADL's) to full support (i.e.,
dressing, toileting, feeding, positive behavioral support, etc.).
As an Independent Contractor, our organization will assist you with
identifying an individual that is welcomed into your home and best
fits your family dynamic. Responsibilities include:
- Provide support for tasks such as cooking, cleaning, laundry,
budgeting, decision making, etc.
- Skill acquisition
- Medication administration
- Medical appointments
- Support with overall health and well-being
- Daily documentation via web-based case management application
- Provide fun and leisure experiences to the individual by
providing opportunities of community inclusion, integration and
- Compliance with all state/agency policy and procedures
- Communicate effectively with team members as needed
- Support physical needs of individual served
- Provide transportation Possible responsibilities depending on
- Assistance with bathing, toileting, feeding, behavioral
- Provide support for medical protocols, such as seizure, fall,
feeding tube, etc.
- Care for someone with complex physical/medical needs (i.e.,
hearing impaired, vision impaired, non-ambulatory, etc.)
- Potential support of behavioral issues.
- Transportation, valid driver's license, car insurance and
- Active home/renters insurance
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Experience preferred but not required
- Reliable computer and internet access
- Complete all state mandated trainings
- Environmentally safe and clean residence
- Ability to pass State/Federal and APS/CPS background check
Keywords: Mosaic, Des Moines , Host Home Provider - Iowa, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!