Information Security Engineer
Company: Job Juncture
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Information Security Engineer
Des Moines, IA
The Information Security Engineer will be responsible for shielding information system assets by identifying and determining vulnerabilities in applications and communicating to developers on how to fix them.
Our client has been named a Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for 8 consecutive years. They offer one of the best benefits packages in the state of Iowa.
- Create strategies to be able to respond from a security breach and implement open-source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats.
- Install firewalls, data encryption and other security products and procedures.
- Conducts network scans and penetration testing to find exploitable weaknesses.
- Establish information security plans and policies.
- Monitor networks and systems for security breaches.
- Create procedures to minimize the impact by conducting a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage.
- Provide engineering support to integrate security and compliance requirements into all enterprise information systems and projects as part of the SDLC process.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Information Security preferred.
- Application security expertise.
- Programming background required.
- Preferred experience with penetration testing software including: Metasploit, Nmap, Wireshark, Aircrack-ng, John the Ripper, Nessus or Burpsuite.
- Experience with big data, cloud, and major virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of technologies: MCSE, MCSA, GCUX, GCWN, CCIE, CCNP, F5, etc.
- Experience with enterprise-ready technologies including Windows, Unix, Cisco, Palo Alto.
- Experience in web and network penetration tools and techniques.
- CISSP, CISM, or Comp TIA Security+ certifications desired.
- Ability to communicate highly technical and complex security concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Information security engineer, security engineer, information systems, security, information technology, big data, cloud, virtualization technology, enterprise-ready, firewall, data encryption, network, forensic, investigation, compliance, MCSE, MCSA, GCUX, GCWN, CCIE, CCNP, F5, CISSP, CISA, CISM, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GIAC, OSCP, CEH, Check Point, PCNSE, Windows, Unix, Cisco, Palo Alto, CIS, PCI-DSS, ISO 27000, NIST 800, HIPPA, Comp TIA Security+, application security, cyber security, penetration testing software, security, vulnerability, architect, Vulnerability Security Engineer, intrusion, anomalous, forensic investigation, forensic, detection
Keywords: Job Juncture, Des Moines , Information Security Engineer, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!