Professional Development Program
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Professional Development Program
The Professional Development Program (PDP) is a comprehensive 1
year program which prepares individuals to be future Administrators
and Executive Directors in the Senior Living Industry. This PDP
program also prepares those individuals to become licensed Nursing
Home Administrators at the conclusion of the training year. The
PDP/AIT is responsible for assisting the Executive Director and
Administrator in the overall administration of the community. S/he
also handles special projects for the Executive Director.
Together, We're Greater
At LCS, we provide you the opportunity to use your talents in a
progressive, growing organization that makes a positive difference
in the lives of the seniors we serve. If you are seeking an
organization that gives back, you'll love working here. Our
principles and hospitality promises define our company culture. LCS
employees can be found participating in volunteer activities,
getting involved in our committees or collaborating with team
members in our innovative work space. You'll find lots of
opportunities to grow as a professional, serve the community, and
enhance the lives of the seniors. Our culture of partnership is
truly we feel what makes us unique.
Ready to make a difference? Then join us as a PDP. We think it's
time for you to begin your #lifeatLCS.
What You Need To Know
- Attend and participate in department head meetings, care plan
meetings, daily health center "stand up" meetings, board meetings,
and other resident meetings as requested by the Executive
- Completes rotations through each department of the community to
gain firsthand knowledge of the interworking's of the community and
- Assist Administrator in preparing for yearly fire-safety and
resident care survey inspections in the Health Center and Assisted
- Conduct audits on a variety of Health Center documentation,
including resident charts, MARs, TARs, pain assessments,
- Attend interviews, counseling sessions, trainings and other
- Prepare monthly financial variance reports for the Executive
- Participate in crating the annual budget
- Complete a variety of projects as prescribed by the Executive
- Marketing and Sales Leadership
- Responsibility for health center sales/occupancy
- Understand and have the ability to influence sales
- Hold sales teams accountable to utilization of sales systems
- Lead and contribute to sales strategy
- Lead and contribute to marketing strategy
- Lead and contribute to business development strategy to
maximize referral networks
We Are Looking For
- Four years towards a bachelor's
degree (may be in progress).
- Healthcare Administration or similar
- Must obtain a Nursing Home
Administrator's license within twelve to sixteen months of hire
- Works effectively and diplomatically
with a variety of publics, including residents, Board of Directors,
groups, government agencies, etc.
- Works independently with
self-discipline as well as cooperatively as part of a
- Excellent process management skills
and strong attention-to-detail including the ability to coordinate
complex tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and
written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use and administer
specialized computer applications.
- Will be placed in a LCS managed
community upon offer
- Ability and willingness to relocate
to any of LCS managed communities after completion of program
like a good fit? Let's talk about how together we can be
Industry leader. We have been in the business of Senior Living
for over 40 years. Nearly 90% of Life Care Services-managed health
a 4- or 5-star rating.
pay, great benefits and vacation time. We are an equal opportunity
with benefits including medical, dental, life insurance,
with company match.
Family oriented culture. We provide a positive
and supportive work environment which our employees value.
Flex-time, work from
home, and social activities with employees and their families add
to our family
Charity and community
are recognized as a national team for the Alzheimer's Association
consistently a top contributor to United Way. We also support our
community contributions and provide opportunities to get involved
at our corporate
locations and in our communities.
and counting; LCS is growing and we think you should too. Our
allows for internal growth opportunities across all of our business
Ongoing, onsite education opportunities, education assistance, and
education credits allow LCS employees to keep their knowledge of
industry changes relevant.
Fun companywide events.
Summit, SHOE, and our annual company holiday party; just to name a
Top Iowa Workplace. We've created an
environment where LCS employees enjoy coming to work. LCS has been
named a top
Iowa Workplace, an award that recognizes the top workplaces based
survey results each year.
creates living experiences that enhance the lives of seniors.
You'll see this
commitment in our people. They're talented, dedicated professionals
care about residents, with each conducting his or her work with
honesty and transparency according to the principles of LCS. We
strive to help
every community succeed-strengthening available resources,
practices that lead to long-term growth and creating lasting value
living in, working for and affiliated with the community. Check us
out on our
A POST-OFFER BACKGROUND
CHECK, INCLUDING REFERENCES, IS REQUIRED
LCS IS AN EQUAL
Keywords: LCS, Des Moines , Professional Development Program, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!