Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Founded in 1986, Synagro Technologies, Inc. provides
environmentally sustainable solutions for commercial and municipal
organizations that generate organic by-products. Synagro
consistently transforms industrial and municipal waste into
environmentally friendly resources that benefit our communities. As
the largest recycler of organic by-products in North America,
Synagro uses best-in-class processes, from beneficial reuse to
renewable energy, that adhere to the strictest of environmental
regulations to provide compelling solutions for communities across
the continent. Serving more than 600 municipal and industrial water
and wastewater facilities in the United States and Canada,
Synagro's leading systems of organic by-product management services
support municipalities of all sizes in saving money and meeting
environmental regulations. Visitsynagro.com to learn more.
Here are some highlights on this position:
- The work environment is fast-paced and challenging.
- New employees receive 15 days paid time off to start.
- New employees receive eight paid holidays and two floating
- Dental, medical and supplemental insurance plans are
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan is available.
Responsible for safely transporting material from a clients'
location and to an assigned destination for processing or disposal.
Performs necessary tasks to load and unload material utilizing
commercial trucks and/or heavy/agricultural equipment. (May include
tankers and end dump trailers in an off road environment.)
- Complete a daily truck log and submit reports of mileage
covered at EOD
- Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction
with clients and the public
- Conduct daily inspections and perform preventative maintenance
on the truck/equipment
- Comply with all DOT, state, local and in-house regulations,
procedures, and rules
- Operate truck/equipment in a safe manner at all times
- Perform loading, unloading, and timely delivery of material to
- Travel from job site to job site or plant to job site. May
involve overnight travel
- Clean bio-solids off truck/equipment before leaving the field
site or landfill
- Perform shop clean up, maintenance, and equipment/tools
- Communication skills- verbal and written
- Ability to back up truck/equipment
- Ability to memorize routes and follow directions
- Operate truck/equipment in a safe manner
- Ability to travel
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid Commercial Drivers' License (CDL) Class A with Tanker
- Minimum 3 years commercial driving/heavy or agricultural
- Safe driving record: No serious tickets or accidents in last 5
years or DWI/DUI in last 10 years
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sitting, Climbing, Balancing, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Lift
75 lbs., Feeling, Talking, Hearing, and Visual
- The worker is subject to outside environmental conditions: No
effective protection from weather
- The worker is subject atmospheric conditions: One or more of
the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the
skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of
physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts,
moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and
high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
essential job functions, knowledge, skills, abilities, efforts, and
physical or working conditions associated with a position.
We thank all individuals for their interest in Synagro however only
those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Keywords: Synagro, Des Moines , Driver- CDL, Professions , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!