Systems Analyst 2
Company: Sammons Financial
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Sammons Financial Group Companies offers some of today's most
sought after life insurance, annuity, and retirement planning
products. Unlike most financial organizations, our companies are
not publicly traded, which means we're focused on long-term value
rather than short-term earnings pressures. As a privately held
company, our leaders and employees remain consistently focused on
long-term growth, making decisions that allow us to deliver on our
commitments to customers, distribution partners, our employees, and
our communities. Individually, our companies provide value in the
products and services they offer. Together we represent a history
of strength and longevity.What you can expect when you join Sammons
- ESOP-A generous 100% company funded retirement plan
- A rich company culture driven by private ownership and
intentional leadership inspiring employees to engage in our
healthy, high-performing and values based culture
- A casual dress code including jeans
- Healthy balance between work and personal lives. Friday
afternoons off all year long, competitive PTO and generous number
of paid holidays
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, wellness
plan, charitable giving programs, education assistance--- to name a
fewJob Summary:Under general direction, formulates and defines
system scope and objectives. Devises or modifies procedures to
solve highly complex problems considering computer equipment
capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired
results. Prepares detailed specifications to write programs.
Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains those
programs. Competent to work on and responsible for nearly all
phases of applications systems analysis and programming projects.
Regularly provides guidance and training to less experienced
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and programmers in
conceptualizing and development of new software programs and
- Perform technical tasks, detailed analyses, and interpretation
of technical problems requiring expertise and/or specialized
knowledge in a systematic manner; apply subject matter expertise
unique to the discipline.
- Exhibit expert understanding of the organizations Systems
Development Life Cycle.
- Play a leading role in the definition, development, and
documentation of software requirements, objectives, deliverables,
and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration
with internal users and departments.
- Play a leading role in defining software development project
plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Prepare and/or interpret business, functional, and
non-functional requirements; create and maintain user-oriented
applications and design specifications.
- Develop, test, document and implement applications according to
standards and methodologies.
- Design, implement and maintain databases. Follow database
standards and integrity controls, analyze information requirements,
and develop database specifications.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard
information resources against accidental or unauthorized
modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Design, run and monitor software functional and performance
tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting
errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging;
administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions
to problem areas.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and
- Must be on call during scheduled times and may be required to
work for extended periods at night and on weekends in support of
conversion, assisting in operational problems, or testing a new
- Maintain currency of professional, technical and business
- Utilize established status report, time accounting and
collaborative process to provide data for management.
- Exhibit expert understanding of application, data, and
integration, plus deep understanding of security, operational, and
systems management architectural and design domains.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to
define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and
resolve business systems issues.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing
systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging
- Create and describe system design and models utilizing commonly
used industry mechanisms like E-R Diagrams, UML models, flow
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analysis for
proposed systems to aid management in making implementation
- Direct research on emerging application development software
products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and
- Liaise with companys software and hardware suppliers for prompt
rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development
best practices; Train, mentor, and provide guidance to junior
software development staff.
- Oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data
processing, and error resolution.
- Commitment to embrace Sammons Financial Group Companies shared
values (Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Openness)
- As stated within the Company Attendance and Punctuality policy,
regular attendance is required and expected in order to meet the
business service levels and workflow demands.Qualifications:
- College Degree in the field of computer science, information
science, management information systems preferred
- Minimum 5 years' IT development experience or equivalent
- Effective verbal and written communications skills and the
ability to communicate with business partners and other IT
- Problem solving skills sufficient to perform research and
recommend a proposed solution to problems
- Able to work on multiple tasks and meet established
- Able to effectively direct and coordinate the work of other
team members on a project without having HR management
responsibility for them
- Knowledge of computer programming languages as required for the
- Criminal background check required.
Keywords: Sammons Financial, Des Moines , Systems Analyst 2, Professions , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!