Construction Cleaning Technician
Company: Cleaning Connection
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 9, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: Construction Cleaning
TechnicianEMPLOYER: Cleaning ConnectionDEPARTMENT: 80REPORTS TO:
Jerry FuterEFFECTIVE DATE: 11/11/2019SUMMARY OF BASIC FUNCTIONS:
This position performs a variety of tasks and related services at
the assigned location(s). Performance of duties must consistently
be at or above the level set as acceptable by the company.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES - Be able to perform basic
responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- The desire to work in construction clening.
- Working Safely.
- Wearing Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Reporting to work in time.
- Accurately utilizing timekeeping methods at the beginning and
end of shift.
- Reporting to work in a well-maintained uniform, and with the
issued personal protective equipment.
- Maintaining all assigned equipment by cleaning, organizing, and
performing basic preventive maintenance.
- Immediately reporting personal injury or client property damage
- Portraying a courteous and professional image to clients and
- Reading and comprehending chemical labels and bulletins found
in the workplace in order to maintain a safe environment.
- Utilizing safety equipment such as wet floor signs, latex
gloves, and eye protection during your scheduled shift.
- Assisting in covering staff shortages as required by
- Identifying and correct cleanliness deficiencies using
appropriate inspection form (self-inspect).
- Complying with all other company policies and procedures.
- Escalates any customer concerns to management.JOB
RESPONSIBILITIES - Be able to perform all assigned tasks wich
typically include but are not limited to the following:
- Be able to perform all cleaning assignments with accuracy and
- Lift trash and recycle material weighing up to 45 pounds waist
high int trash cart.
- Dust furniture, equipment, woodwork, windowsills, and other
- Clean and sanitize commodes, urinals, sinks, fountains,
telephones, tables, and showers.
- Clean and polish all bright work such as plumbing, faucets,
push plates, dispensers, fountains, door and window frames.
- Dust mop and damp mop floors. Lift a mop bucket weighting 25 to
45 pounds from the floor to the cart and waist high to empty in
utility sink. Mopping solution must be changed frequently.
- Perform detail cleaning such as washing walls, dusting ceiling
vents, dusting blinds and other hard surfaces, cleaning glass,
washing undersides of commodes, sinks, and urinals.
- Vacuum, with either a backpack or upright vacuum, carpeted
floors, rugs, upholstery, and ceiling vents. The backpack vacuum
may need to be worn for majority of shift.
- Operate floor and carpet care equipment such as rotary floor
machines and carpet extractors.
- Perform other duties and tasks assigned by supervision.
- Dust/clean high areas such as ceiling fans, air vents.
- Dust/clean ceiling light fixtures
- Scrape floors, walls, remove paint spills.QUALIFICATIONS
(KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- High School or GED preferred.
- One or more years of professional cleaning or related
experience preferredPHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequent lifting under 25 pounds.
- Occasional lifting over 25 pounds.
- Constant vision, hearing, speaking, walking.
- Frequent color vision, reaching, pushing/pulling.
- Never sitting, climbing, balancing.
- Constant Standing.
- Frequent reaching, Stooping, Bending.
- Constant Repetitive Hand/Arm and Foot/leg Motion.
- Climb latters.7:45am to 4:00pm20
Keywords: Cleaning Connection, Des Moines , Construction Cleaning Technician, Professions , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!