Company: Post Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: April 9, 2021
At Michael Foods, we are a leader in the food industry because
we introduce innovative, value-added food products and customer
solutions. Our success starts from the inside out - empowering
employees to play a vital role in our company. They have the chance
to make their own impact, expanding on our already rich history.
That's how plenty of our people have already transformed their
careers. And you could be next. This position has the
responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as
well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. This
position also ensures that all policies, procedures, and
activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed, and
complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process
variability. Working closely with the management team, this
position also ensures that all workers in the plant are not only
following regulation and guidelines but are working in a safe work
environment. It is the incumbent's responsibility to make sure all
regulations are intact, and compliance is maintained at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides safety training for company operations by reviewing
current OSHA regulations for training requirements and designing
effective training programs to meet compliance requirements.
- Organizes and schedules training sessions and provides on-site
safety training for employees.
- Evaluates and orders safety equipment and supplies.
- Maintain safety awareness and consistency of safety program
implementation by management personnel by providing current
information on safety issues and continuously working with
supervisors and managers to effectively handle safety-related
- Schedules meetings and organizes events to provide information
regarding workplace safety issues to employees and managerial
- Ensures compliance with OSHA standards by keeping up-to-date
with safety regulations and reviewing correspondence, newsletters
and other safety-related materials.
- Applies current laws and regulations in the inspection of
company safety protocols.
- Minimizes workmen's compensation cost by supervising the case
files of work-related injuries.
- Formulates and implements follow-up procedures on workmen's
compensation cases by reviewing accident investigation reports and
evaluating current procedures for improvement of safety
- Maintains training records and safety reports.
- Participates in periodic meetings with safety teams to
recommend corrective actions to management regarding workplace
safety procedures, perform facility audits, and discuss future
- Prepares meeting agendas and minutes for distribution to
- Maintains departmental budget by monitoring departmental
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy
workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and
procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and
- Adhere to Quality work practices, follow GMP's, maintain
sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely
affect food safety and quality.
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned. EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Business, Human Resources, or
related degree preferred.
- 2+ years of safety related experience which includes
supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education
and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential
duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal safety compliance and
regulatory issues, including the Occupational Safety and Health Act
and Department of Transportation regulatory standards.
- Knowledge of case management procedures and issues relating to
workmen's compensation and other workplace safety issues. PREFERRED
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS: The above statements are intended
to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all
the duties associated with this position. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Current Employees: Please enter your email address below, and then
use the icons to let people know about this great opportunity! We
have our sights set on the next big thing - and we want you there
for it. Sign up for job alerts and discover your next opportunity.
Post Holdings is an equal opportunity employer and gives
consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex,
gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic
information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or
a physical or mental disability.
Keywords: Post Holdings, Inc., Des Moines , Safety Manager, Professions , Lenox, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!