Production Operator - Fort Dodge
Company: USG Corporation
Location: Fort Dodge
Posted on: November 22, 2021
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and
innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG
has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and
roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding
spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000
employees across North America and operations around the world, we
are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation,
quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency. Our
employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That's
why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day
1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation
and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate
investment and retirement plans help secure our employees' futures.
Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone
anniversaries with us - find out how you can join our team and
build your career with USG: .Position Description:
- Responsible for making equipment adjustments to ensure proper
specifications are met
- Responsible for performing quality checks and recording
- Responsible for changing settings on equipment during
- Responsible for properly recording all production numbers
- Responsible for performing some routine maintenance on
- Responsilbe for knowing and following all plant, department,
and job safety rules. Must maintain an acceptable level of
housekeeping in the shop and after completing assigned jobs.
- Responsible for wearing and using all required PPE. (hard hat,
steel toe shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc).
- Prior forklift operation experience preferred (loading,
warehouse, etc.) Job Requirements:Qualifications
- Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and
follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process
will involve quality data or require comments related to the
- Recognize measurements that are outside of a specified
- Read measuring devices - standard tape measure down to 1/32"
and a micrometer down to 0.001".
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Must be able to read, write and possess basic math and science
- Computer skills preferred to review or revise documents in
Microsoft Office Programs.
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook for work related email.
- Ability to learn to operate plant equipment
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them.
(Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot minor issues within a process.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas
of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands
importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to
- Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous
- Ability to use on-line tools to monitor product specifications
to ensure product compliance.
- Ability to make machine and process adjustments to ensure
product is within required specifications.
- Trained in the safe operation of the forklift and all equipment
associated with driving the forklift. Has received forklift
certification, which is updated as required, or has the ability to
- Must be available for overtime and call-ins as required.EOE
Keywords: USG Corporation, Des Moines , Production Operator - Fort Dodge, Professions , Fort Dodge, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!