Company: McLane Company
Posted on: November 23, 2021
GR460 DM Iowa
Schedule: Evenings - DAY 1 benefits such as medical, dental, and
vision insurance and company-paid life insurance.401(k) with annual
company match.Paid holidays, vacation time, educational assistance
program, and more!
ABOUT THE JOB:
* The Dispatcher provides a variety of Driver support services at
the distribution center level.
* Plan efficient delivery routes.
* set up daily tractor trailer assignments for Drivers.
* fill routes based on Driver availability.
* Confirm equipment condition and readiness via the Transportation
* Complete paperwork such as route manifests, invoices, special
customer notifications, and maps.
* Maintain the filing system for Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
and Department of Transportation (DOT) documents.
* Contact customers to provide delivery information and
* Provide input to Managers regarding Driver performance.
* This position has additional duties.
* special projects may be assigned.
* Bachelor\'s degree.
* Customer Service skills/experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
* High school diploma or GED.
* 4 year degree - 3+ years of transportation experience.
* 1+ year of leadership experience.
* Computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word) and the ability
to quickly learn mainframe computer operations.
* Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen,
in accordance with applicable laws.
* All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: McLane Company, Des Moines , Supervisor, Transportation, Professions , Altoona, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!