Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Electronic Technician in Urbandale,
- Work collaboratively with design engineers and production
leaders to ensure automated lines run in a safe, efficient manner
and at a rate adequate to meet output goals.
- Be very hands-on in the deployment, integration, testing, and
ongoing support of automated equipment (industrial robots, AS/RS
systems, PLCs, conveyors) and assist design engineers with the
fabrication and construction of custom-built systems.
- On a team with engineers and other technicians, provide
technical expertise in troubleshooting of issues and the deployment
- Participate in validation procedures including calibration,
qualification, and adjustments as necessary.
- Support process improvement including troubleshooting of
mechanical, electrical, and controls components in the pursuit of
the root cause(s) of failures.
- Execute preventative, predictive, and conditions-based
maintenance procedures as appropriate; ensure that detailed
documentation and records are maintained.
- Provide technical support for projects at other sites as
necessary to ensure successful implementation. Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in engineering technology desired -
experience and demonstrated knowledge may substitute for formal
- Experience working in a highly automated production or
- Experience with troubleshooting of controls systems.
- Experience in a system support or maintenance role.
- Above-average computer skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills. Ability to
interact with team members at all levels in a professional manner,
advocate for change, and seek resolution to issues that arise.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot mechanical, electrical,
controls, and software issues related to complex automated
- Proficiency in interpreting electrical and mechanical plans and
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems
- Manual dexterity and the ability to stand, lift, carry, and
climb frequently or for extended periods.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally travel (?10%) to assist
with projects at other sites as business needs require. Desired
Skills and Experience:
- 5 or more years of experience in supporting or installing
- Experience with PLC programming (Allen-Bradley).
- Knowledge of, or experience with, structured problem-solving or
continuous improvement methodologies (FMEA, Six Sigma, Lean,
etc.).PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status. Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of
the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices
nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Des Moines , Electronic Technician, Professions , Urbandale, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!