Company: Gordon Food Service
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are
thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story
to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact
you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our
table for you...
Location: 1700 E Aurora Ave, Des Moines IA
Shift: 3rd Shift - start time varies
Pay: $22.00/hr (includes $1.00 shift premium)
Benefits after 30 days!
Come Grow with Us! We're hiring Driver Helper to help us as we
continue to expand our fleet. For you, it's a great way to get to
know our business and prepare to help our truck delivery routes in
Our Driver Helpers are an essential part of our customer
experience, delivering smaller loads, the unexpected order, or
taking care of an emergency.
What's different about Gordon Food Service?
- Committed schedules that allow you to be home daily
- Exceptional benefits, pay, and incentives
- High-quality, well-maintained equipment
- Dedicated to your safety
- Everyone is important - especially our Driver Helper teams!
We depend upon our Helpers to meet the needs of our customers
(restaurants, hospitals & education centers) as valued
representatives of the Gordon Food Service image by providing
exceptional, accurate deliveries.
You're home daily - here's what you'd be doing each day:
- Keep our customer happy with accurate, timely, deliveries of GFS
- Build and maintain good customer relationships
- Help deliver products to customer locations within delivery
window time frames
- Exercise safe lifting best practices and work safely at all
- Handle customer concerns in a positive and professional
- Do physical work (repetitive lifting)
- Be self-motivated and able to work well independently and within
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Put a strong emphasis on attendance and punctuality
We'll teach you a lot, but we do have a few minimum
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to operate a two-wheel cart with loads of up to 350
- Successfully passing a drug test that will assess drug usage
(including marijuana) and a background check
- Ready for technology - handheld scanners, basic computer
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration
for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to email@example.com and use the words "Accommodation
Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food
Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Des Moines , Driver Helper, Professions , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!