Company: Precision Pulley and Idler
Location: New Sharon
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Title: Maintenance Technician Division: Precision Pulley &
F LSA: Non-Exempt Grade: 2
Job Status: Full-Time Travel Required: 0 - 25%
Revision Date: May 3, 2022 Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Assist with maintenance, repair, and upgrade of existing assets in
addition to maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and
related systems. Determines action plans to comply with
internal/external customer demands for reliable processes/equipment
to eliminate failures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to
be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be
required and assigned.
More specifically, the employee owner will:
* Assure all safety regulations are followed and adhered to.
* Utilize and enhance PM/TPM programs.
* Assist with installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of
all existing assets to ensure that machines, processes, and
facility equipment are installed and functioning according to
* Assist in determining material, equipment, and supplies to be
used to maintain facility or production assets.
* Confer with operators and other personnel to implement operating
procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical
* Work both independently and as part of a team to troubleshoot and
* Perform extra assignments in other areas and related task
assignments in the work area.
* Communicate positively with supervisors, fellow workers, and
other internal customers
* Participate in activities, as appropriate, to ensure the success
of the organization
* Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics,
and computer-generated reports
* Apply problem solving techniques to evaluate and resolve
conditions to maximize operating efficiencies.
* Must be able to perform the same work as other Skilled Trades
* Proficient in MS Office
* Strong communication and leadership skills required to ensure
EDUCATION - EXPERIENCE - COMPUTER SKILLS
* 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or
* Equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Knowledge in the following areas is considered essential
(preferred): welding, painting, oxy-fuel cutting equipment, plasma
cutting, sawing, hydraulics, compressed air, electrical (3 phase,
460v), and general machinery operation.
* Ability to read and understand electrical schematic drawings,
blueprints, and various maintenance/operation manuals.
TRAINING - CERTIFICATIONS - LICENSES
* Fork lift
* Lock Out Tag Out
To perform this position successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following work competencies:
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
uses equipment properly.
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves issues in a timely
* Communication Skills - Speaks clearly, listens and receives
clarification, responds to questions.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction, and takes responsibility.
* Quality Assurance - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Ethics/Professionalism - Treats people with respect; works
ethically and with integrity.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
* Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with
hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, smell, and lift and/or move
up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand,
walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to
25 pounds. The employee is regularly required to hear and talk.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
(clear at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear at 20 feet or
more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors),
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
focus. Specific hearing abilities required by this job include the
ability to hear alarms of equipment and hear instructions from
* The noise level in the work environment is usually LOUD.
* Steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection are
required in production areas and when posted.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work
near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places,
fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, risk of
electrical shock, and work with flammable materials.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee owner for this
job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.
Precision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide
reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities and encourage prospective and current employee owners
to discuss potential accommodations with Precision, Inc.
Keywords: Precision Pulley and Idler, Des Moines , Maintenance Technician, Professions , New Sharon, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!