Laboratory Technician I
Company: Eurofins USA
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Information about Eurofins as a whole:
- Over 50,000 employees worldwide
- Eurofins recently celebrated 30 years of excellence in
- The company has grown from 4 employees in a small lab in France
to a global network.
- 800 state-of-the-art laboratories across 41 countries.
- Eurofins is one of the best performing companies in the world.
In three decades, the company has grown more than 3,000 times.
- Eurofins is now the global market leader in environmental,
food, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics testing as well as in
agro-sciences CRO (Contract Research Organization) services.Job
DescriptionHPLC Team - 1st Shift (8 am - 4:30 pm) Friday - Tuesday
- Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to
responsibilities, e.g., Quality Manual, SOPs, and Methods.
- Adhere to appropriate quality measures to meet or exceed the
standards set by ISO/IEC 17025, government regulatory (cGMP, GLP),
and company requirements relevant to assigned duties.
- Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental regulations
relative to assigned analytical work; maintain and assist others in
maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in at least one core method and ability
to conduct at least one other assigned method with no more than 25%
- Demonstrate ability to operate all required basic lab equipment
- Set up batches of samples to weigh and weigh samples.
- Perform timely and accurate analysis of samples to meet
customer commitments, including but not limited to, preparing
samples for analysis, using appropriate analysis methods and
techniques, and applying appropriate data reduction.
- Maintain a neat and accurate record system; keep accurate
records of work performed on a daily basis and as needed for
quality control tests or regulatory purposes; record test data and
results for samples in logbook, record book or BookMaster and enter
the data or results into eLIMS either manually or through automatic
export. in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify from samples assayed the need for rechecks.
- Maintain clean glassware and prepare solutions for use in the
daily testing of assigned samples.
- Identify method/matrix/analytical difficulties and report these
together with proposed solutions to Department Leader or
- Ensure that proprietary methodologies are not disclosed to
non-employees except as approved in writing by the Laboratory
Manager or appointed designate.
- Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to
respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and
- Remain current on technical, industry, and business
advancements and trends as suggested by the Department Leader or
- Recommend more accurate or efficient laboratory equipment or
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company
employees. Communicate orally and in writing to co-workers. This
includes "intra" and "inter" departmental employees.
- Promote the company image through the exercising of sound and
ethical business practices as related to the public and our
- Perform other related duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical
- Excellent communication skills.
- Responsive, independent problem solver and action oriented
- Associate degree or High school diploma with 0-3 years
experienceAdditional InformationCandidates currently living within
a commutable distance of Des Moines, IA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical
coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidaysEurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and
Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Keywords: Eurofins USA, Des Moines , Laboratory Technician I, Professions , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!