Behavioral Health Technician
Company: Woodward Academy
Location: Polk City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*$1,000 Sign-On Bonus and fully paid training!!! *
*We are currently seeking Youth Counselor's on-site in Woodward,
*About the Youth Counselor Job*:
* Open shifts: 3pm-11pm starting at $18.00 - 19.00/hour.
* Open shifts: 11pm-7am starting at $18.00/hour.
* Performance pay increases after 90days and the 6mth period.
* Part-time ($17.00/hour) available.
* Part-time offers a flexible schedule with no minimum hours (Work
when you want!)
* *This position is located in Woodward, IA.*
*As a Youth Counselor you will: *
* Supervise youth activities in order to observe or effect positive
changes in their social behavior.
* Maintain the security of the facility and grounds.
* Observe youth behavior in response to treatment efforts.
* Participate in the treatment of the youth through observation,
interaction, scoring, limit setting, and implementation of
treatment plans; and assist in the development of positive peer
* Maintain proper conduct and security of youth in work,
recreation, and education; administer and record medication as
* Limited one-to-one counseling.
* Prepare periodic and special evaluations on assigned youth,
report significant changes in social behavior, and make
recommendations for changes in assignments.
* Provide crisis intervention with juveniles.
* Give basic instruction in work, recreation, and housekeeping
* Communicate orally and in writing all appropriate reports and
* High school degree or equivalent.
* It is an essential function of the job that staff be able to
physically perform Emergency Safety Interventions (ESI's).
* Preferred not required: State of Iowa class D3 chauffeur's
license and clear MVR is preferred.
*Full-Time Employee Benefits*:
Benefits may include:
* Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after 30 days of
* 401k program.
* Short-term and long-term disability.
* Tuition reimbursement and loan program.
* Coaching opportunities.
* Free meals while working.
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
* Wellness program.
* Parental leave.
* 24/7 On-Site weight room and gym access.
* Birthday as a paid day off.
* Competitive paid time off.
* Holiday pay.
* Membership to a local country club which includes a golf course
and swimming pool.
* Housing assistance.
* After you have been a Full-Time employee for 7 (seven) years you
will receive an additional four (4) weeks of paid time off.
* Newly added DailyPay! It is a benefit that allows employees to
voluntarily online access a portion of their base wages in advance
prior to payday. You can pay yourself what you have already earned
instead of waiting until payday.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Pay: $18.00 - $19.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Evening shift
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Signing bonus
* Willing to undergo full background check including finger prints
to work with youth?
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Woodward Academy, Des Moines , Behavioral Health Technician, Professions , Polk City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!