Line Service Technician
Company: Modern Aviation
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Line Service Technician
Modern Aviation (the "Company") is a private equity backed,
platform company launched in 2017 that is focused on the
fixed-based operator ("FBO") sector. The Company has been rapidly
growing through the acquisition of FBO locations and has
significant additional committed capital from its sponsors to
continue to grow the business through future acquisitions.
Employee Medical Insurance, Basic Life Insurance, Short-Term
Disability, Long-Term Disability, Vacation and Sick Time, Paid
Holidays, HSA Account Funding, 401k Match
Other Available Benefits
Buy-up Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, Optional Life Insurance,
Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, 401k
Primary Purpose of the Position
The Line Service Technician (LST) attends to all service needs as
they relate to based and transient aircraft, catering to the needs
of the aircraft owners, guests, and crews. While a LST's main job
duties are focused upon the technical services provided to the
aircraft (fueling, towing, parking, basic cleaning, etc.),
exceptional customer service skills are absolutely vital for the
successful completion of this role. The LST ensures that every
arriving /departing aircraft receives all ground support services
in a timely fashion with high energy and a smile.
- Must understand and exemplify what it means to be a team member
at Modern Aviation.
- Promotes and always maintains a positive image of Modern
Aviation, to all internal and external customers.
- Ensures a safe operation: protecting customers, team members,
and equipment from harm.
- Assists passengers and flight crews with our professional Seven
Star Service: always offering additional services and exceeding
- Responsible for the movement, placement, storage, de-icing, and
fueling of an aircraft.
- Operate a wide variety of aircraft ground support
- Exemplifies situational awareness regarding aircraft, debris on
the ramp or impending inclement weather procedures.
- Perform work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make fast decisions by using judgment consistent
with company policies, standard operating procedures, and safety
- Performs other duties deemed necessary and assigned by
shift-lead or Line Manager.
- Understands that this position may expose the team member to
hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, machinery, and inclement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional mathematical skills
- Valid Driver's License
- Physically able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of various aircraft types and servicing a
Reports to: Line Operations Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: This job has no supervisory
FLSA Status: This position is nonexempt.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The
employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions including
extreme heat and cold; high, precarious places; outside weather
conditions and vibration; chemicals including aviation fuels, oils,
and lavatory fluid. The noise level in the work environment is
Travel: This position requires no travel.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to perform frequent walking,
sitting, stooping, stretching, bending, reaching, and grasping
actions. May be required to work nights and weekends. Regularly
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
EEO Statement: The Company provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
genetics or any other status protected under applicable federal,
state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to
cover all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: Modern Aviation, Des Moines , Line Service Technician, Professions , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!