Field Service Technician
Company: Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Job DetailsJob Location Cedar Valley (Cedar Falls/Waterloo) - ,
IA - Description Overview/Function: The Service Technician is
responsible for customer site equipment installations, repairs, and
troubleshooting to ensure maximum equipment efficiency and to
minimize downtime and customer inconvenience.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain
- Install equipment at customer sites, perform scheduled
maintenance and repairs, and provide emergency/unscheduled
- Quickly diagnose and troubleshoot routine problems and
non-routine equipment failures, replace or repair parts, test, and
- Read and interpret equipment service manuals and work orders to
perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines and
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Follow all safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly
work area. Ensure safety for themselves and customers.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) for
- Ensure professional contact with customers, and maintain a
clean and neat appearance at all times in order to favorably
represent the company and iconic Coca-Cola brand image.
- Ethical conduct is expected at all times.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications Experience & Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED. Completion of a craft apprenticeship
- A valid drivers license is required.
- Strong mechanical and technical capacity.
- Previous maintenance experience and/or small motor maintenance
- Ability to troubleshoot and quickly resolve problems within
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow service directions and
work orders; follow all standard operating procedures and safety
- Good verbal and pleasant communication skills to interact with
customers. Provide professional contact and appearance with
customers which upholds Atlantic Bottlings brand image.
- Strong problem resolution and analytical thinking
- Customer-focused and an excellent team-player.
- Ability to analyze and effectively solve complex problems,
while dealing with stressful situations.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to varying
- Some computer experience is helpful.
- The role will travel to various customer sites; each
environment will differ as a result.
- This position is very active and requires regular manual
finger, hand, and arm dexterity, and to potentially work around
cramped and tight spaces. Standing, walking, twisting, grasping,
reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, sitting, stooping,
crouching, crawling, and climbing all day will be required. The
employee may frequently lift and/or move items over 55 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The role is considered a safety sensitive position.
- They will need to interact with customers. The ability to climb
stairs is also needed.
- Extensive day travel will be required with this role.
- This will mostly be a Monday-Friday role (8:00 am 5:00 pm)
however some evening and weekend work may be required as emergency
and un-scheduled repairs will be needed.
Note: No posting can contain a fully comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required in this
role. Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company offers a dynamic,
ever-changing environment requiring flexibility and a willing,
team-based attitude. Some duties, responsibilities and activities
may change at any time, with or without notice.
To ensure the safety of our employees, our customers, and our
products, Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company offers a drug-free
workplace. Employees are subject to pre-employment/post-offer drug
and random drug testing.
Keywords: Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Des Moines , Field Service Technician, Professions , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...