Operational Risk Consultant 6
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Job DescriptionAbout Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with
$1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargos vision is to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,200 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortunes 2017 rankings of Americas largest corporations. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Risk management at Wells Fargo is organized with clearly defined lines of defense to provide effective risk oversight and decision-making across the organization. Each line of defense is assigned specific responsibilities and understands the associated activities it is expected to perform.
Independent risk management is Corporate Risk, which is responsible for independent oversight of risk-taking activities. The function is led by the chief risk officer, who reports to the chair of the Risk Committee of the Board of Directors. Strategic enterprise function-aligned leaders in the Corporate Risk organization provide an independent view of horizontal, cross-business risks.
Operational Risk Business Oversight Structural Planning & Administration
The Structural Planning & Administration team is accountable for developing and driving a consistent, collaborative, sustainable approach to business-aligned oversight for operational risk. This team has responsibility for developing a documented program; ensuring the program is consistently applied; conducting enterprise-wide evaluation of risks and issues requiring escalation and/or coordinated action planning; executing enterprise-wide business process comparisons to drive greater consistency; coordinating across the Operational Risk Group to review and challenge program/policy updates; driving a coordinated credible challenge calendar; and develop/execute routine information sharing across all three lines of defense.
The Program Management and Reporting team is responsible for developing and driving a consistent operating model for the Operational Risk Business Oversight function, and is expected to engage with senior leaders across Independent Risk Management to drive a coordinated approach. This position will be accountable for supporting the development and maintenance of the Operational Risk Business Oversight Program, which will define oversight responsibilities, expectations and approaches. Key responsibilities include:
- Support the development, maintenance and definition of roles and responsibilities for the Operational Risk Business Oversight function, in alignment with the Risk Management Framework and Risk Target Operating Model.
- Support the development of, and help drive execution of a consistent operating model for the Business Oversight function through defined programs, common reporting protocols, developed oversight routines, and effective governance.
- Support the definition and implementation of sustainable engagement models between the Front Line, Operational Risk Business Oversight, and other applicable Risk Types.
- Participate in the development of reporting protocols for reporting Operational Risk Business Oversight results to key stakeholders.
- Partner with both internal and external stakeholders, including senior management from all three lines of defense, as well as relevant regulatory agencies.
- Business engagement, to drive and effect change
- 12+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 12+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 6+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Meaningful knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance.
- Prior experience with risk policy and/or framework development and maintenance
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within the business and enterprise Risk function.
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end to end risk management solutions
- Deep understanding of risk framework, corporate/business policies, and programs
- Demonstrated leadership ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and leadership competencies
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
- Flexibility and business savvy to navigate a complex, highly-matrixed organization.
- Experience providing reporting and updates to senior-level management.
- Experience communicating with regulators, auditors and other oversight bodies.
- Be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability.
- A leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills.
- Prior experience in large scale business, technology and operational transformation
- A track record of successful target operating model development and execution.
- Experience in supporting program management
- Exceptional ability to partner and collaborate with a breadth of stakeholders and constituents
- Executive presence, high energy, ability to manage complexity and a broad scope
- Thinks in new ways about problems and issues, balancing creativity with pragmatism
- Ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment.
- Possess leadership, integrity, and credibility
DisclaimerAll offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Des Moines , Operational Risk Consultant 6, Professions , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!