Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: October 12, 2021
a connected system of health care facilities and services dedicated
to helping individuals live their best life.
care locations, our clinics, medical centers and affiliates are
never too far from home, allowing us to improve the lives of
individuals and communities across the state of Iowa and
blood specimens from patients vital for the diagnosis and treatment
of disease as appropriate for patient age to include neonate,
infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric adult. Creates
patient encounters, orders laboratory tests, and prepares specimens
for testing. Assists technical personnel in sample log-in,
workflow, and specimen tracking. Measures blood pressure, height,
weight, and waist circumference of participants. May drive a
company vehicle to Outreach Service areas and organize nursing home
or health promotion draws.
- Works independently to positively represent
Mercy Medical Center and it’s quality services.
- Operates a motor vehicle within the laws of
the State of Iowa to perform phlebotomy off campus as required by
- Receives the lab request and performs
venipunctures, heel sticks, and finger sticks from clientss,
properly identifying the clients, and promptly drawing and
correctly labeling the specimens while maintaining a pleasant
relationship with the client and staff.
- Enters pertinent information into computer and
distributes specimens to the proper laboratory area as soon as
possible to maintain specimen quality.
- Prepares specimens for transport.
- Ensures all proper documentation is on test
requests or electronic order, as required for medical necessity or
by department policies.
- Measures participant’s blood pressure, height,
weight, and waist and clearly documents on screening
- Cleans and stocks phlebotomy trays/and or
carts, work area and vehicle.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Completion of certified phlebotomy course or
one (1) year previous phlebotomy experience required.
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
phlebotomy certification required or obtained with in one (1) year
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter
abuse training specific to population served within three (3)
months of hire.
- BLS for the Healthcare Provider certified or
obtained within three (3) months of hire.
- Computer experience preferred.
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, Des Moines , Phlebotomist, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!